All GP practices are contracted to provide ‘essential services’, that is basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following ‘additional services’:
- Child health surveillance
- Contraceptive services. Specialist services such as implant insertion are available at the Family Planning Clinics
- Maternity Services in the post natal period
- Routine immunisation of children – Now takes place at Easterhouse Health Centre
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask the practice nurse for details.
- Cervical smears
- Freezing of small warts
We also hold contracts with Greater Glasgow & Clyde Health Board for the following “Enhanced Services”:
- Annual flu immunisation programme for elderly and at risk patients. Housebound patients should inform the practice, as these are now carried out by community district nursing team.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for Arthritis and Bowel problems.
- Annual reviews for patients with Heart Disease
- Annual reviews for patients with Diabetes
- Annual reviews for patients with Stroke
- Annual reviews for patients with COPD
- A Methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems.